Academia Sinica, The Institute of History and Philology
The Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica welcomes applications for a full-time research position
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor|
The Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica invites applications for a full-time research position:
1. Ranks Available: Assistant Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Research Fellow (positions roughly corresponding to assistant professor, associate professor, and professor at a U.S. university)
2. Areas of Specialty:
(1) The Xia, Shang and Zhou dynasties, and archaeological study on the Central Plain area.
(2) Archaeological study on East Asia (include China).
(1) Applicants must have a PhD or have passed the thesis defense by the deadline. (Those who have yet to receive the diploma must provide proof of having passed the oral exam or of approval of the dissertation.)
(2) Applicants applying for associate research fellowship must have served as an associate professor for at least three years at an academic institution in Taiwan; or have served as an associate professor, or as an assistant professor for at least three years, at a foreign institution recognized by Academia Sinica.
(3) Applicants applying for research fellowship must have served as a professor for at least three years at an institution in Taiwan; or have served as a professor, or an associate professor for at least three years, at a foreign institution recognized by Academia Sinica.
4. Please Submit the Following Materials:
(1) Application Form (download)
(2) A list of publications
(3) Certificate of PhD degree (or certification of a successful thesis defense or the official approval of the thesis)
(4) A two- to three-page statement of research plan
(5) A description of archaeological fieldwork or laboratory experience
(6) Writing samples from the last five years (up to three publications for applicants for assistant research fellow's position, and up to six for those for associate research fellow's position and above). If a PhD dissertation is to be used, please submit the entire dissertation instead of selected chapters.
(7) Two letters of recommendation (hard copies) sent directly to the IHP
Academia Sinica in Taiwan is an all-research institution; successful applicants may devote all of his or her time to research and publication, and receive adequate research support.
Applicants will not be required to publish their works in Chinese, but the ability to communicate in spoken Chinese is desirable.
Applications must be received no later than April 30th, 2018. Please inform us by email upon sending an application.
Please send application materials to:
Employment Review Committee
Institute of History & Philology, Academia Sinica
128 Academia Road, Section 2; Nankang Taipei, Taiwan 11529
Contact: Ms. Shih-ting Lu