View Profile 
Cynthia A. Davidson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Stony Brook University
orality and literacy (oral and written discourses)
hybrid discourses (computer-mediated communication)
|List Affiliations:||Advisory Board Member for H-DigiRhet
Position: Electronic Writing Coordinator, Program in Writing and Rhetoric, Stony Brook University
• Conference on Instructional Technology (CIT 2004, Stony Brook University): “Interactive Technologies in Writing Classes: A 4-Year Retrospective on the 7 Principles” (presented paper, June 3, 2004)
• SUNY Council on Writing, Suffolk Community College, Conceptual Blending in the Composition of Text Analysis Using Talk-Back Poems (presenter on panel, March, 2003)
• Brown Bag Presentation, SUNY Stony Brook Program in Writing and Rhetoric: In-Class Computer Use: Theory and Practice (panel coordinator/presenter, 2002)
• Brown Bag Presentation, SUNY Stony Brook Program in Writing and Rhetoric: Discussion Techniques in the Electronic Writing Classroom (Spring 2000).
• "Riviera's Golem, Haraway's Cyborg: Reading Neuromancer as Baudrillard's Simulation of Crisis," a paper presented at the Science Fiction Research Association Conference at the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. June 1995. Published in Science Fiction Studies 22 pt.2: 69 (July 1996):188-198. Reprint in Gale reference volume Contemporary Literary Criticism v. 186 (ca. 2005).
• "Exploring Classroom Diversity Through Narrative," Allerton English Articulation Conference in Allerton, Illinois sponsored by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. April 1995.
• “Some Thoughts on Style.” HOW2 Forum/Style (1:4, Sept. 2000), edited by Kathleen Fraser, Forum guest editors Mytili Jagannathan and Elisabeth Joyce.
Program in Writing and Rhetoric website, SBU ( web administrator)
Rio: A Journal of the Arts (http://www.rioarts.com/) (publisher/webmaster)